Legion of Honor - Purpose
1. The purpose of this unit and any detachments so established shall be to provide in El Zaribah a unit and organization to accommodate eligible service men and veterans of the Armed Forces, who are members in good standing of El Zaribah, an opportunity to band together in good comradeship, present the colors, lead parades and carry out such duties as directed by the Illustrious Potentate.
2. To perpetuate the memory of those who have died in the service of our county.
3. To foster a spirit of patriotism and love of our Country and its Flag.
4. Its slogan shall be "Servicemen in the Service of El Zaribah"
WHY ELIGIBLE NOBLES SHOULD BELONG TO THE SHRINE LEGION OF HONOR
- It's an Honor to Belong to the Shrine Legion of Honor. Stresses patriotism, Love of Country and Love of Flag.
- Strictly a service-rendering organization within their home Shrine.
- 145 Legion of Honor units are affiliated with the I.A.L.O.H.
- An organization offering diversified activities to suit the talents and interests of all.
- Conforms strictly to the fraternal principles among all members.
- Membership is limited to Shriners, honorably discharged from the Armed Forces of his country or is in the Armed Forces of his country at the time of the application.
- To commemorate the memory of Nobles who upheld the glory of the Flag and who fought with valor for their Country.
- Many outstanding Shriners are members, including members of the Imperial Divan, Potentates, and Past Potentates.
- A patriotic and service orientated Shrine Association, bringing in new and active members for service to their Shrine Temples.
So, if you are an able bodied man who aspires to have fun while working for Shrinedom we invite you to become a member of our Unit.
Date: 3rd Monday of each Month except June, July & August
Location: Legion of Honor Room at El Zaribah Shriners
Time: 7:30 PM
A dinner in the Red Fez room at 6:30 PM precedes the Unit meeting, we order from menu and our Ladies are included.
2017 - UNIT OFFICERS
ACTIVE UNIT PAST COMMANDERS
1973 Charles Hudson
1977 Harold E. Phelps
1990 Virgil L. Johnston
1994 Harold E. Phelps
1995 Julius E. Grosso
2001 Earl T. Trundy
2002 Frank J. Tutell
2003 Junior Grimm
2004 Sanford Wax
2005 Harry Warren
2006 Mike Butler
2007 Richard Bathurst
2008 Mike Folker
2009 David Scrimager
2011 David Scrimager
2016 Chris Hagenian
INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION LEGIONS OF HONOR
International Association Legions of Honor website: ialoh.org
The name of the Association is: INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION LEGIONS OF HONOR
The objectives of this Association are: To foster a Spirit of Patriotism, Love of Country and Flag; To perpetuate the memory of our Comrades in Arms who made the Supreme Sacrifice by giving their lives for their country while members of the Armed Forces; To devote our efforts as individuals, and Legion of Honor Units to strive for an increase in Friendship and Cooperation between our Legion of Honor Units and other Units of the Shrine).
A BIT OF HISTORY:
During the 48th Annual Session of the Imperial Council at San Francisco, CA. in 1922, Imperial Potentate Ernest A. Cutts of Alee Temple, announced the launching of the formation of Legion of Honor units to include veterans of all conflicts since the Civil War. Several Legion of Honor units were organized during the following years and on June 29, 1931, the International - Association Legions of Honor was given official recognition by Imperial Potentate Ernest H. Fletcher, of Damascus Temple, in order to coordinate and encourage the work of the various Legions of Honor in their service to the Shrine .
There are now one-hundred-forty-five (145) Legion of Honor units affiliated with the International Association, composing a membership of over 10,000 members. All of these Legion of Honor units are working corps of their respective Temples, under the control and authority of the Illustrious Potentate. The Legion Nobles, the Legion of Honor units, and the International Association are as one in purpose, namely to be Nobles of the Shrine; organized as service units for service to their Illustrious Potentates and Temples; and to assist in any way.
El Zaribah Members Emeritus of IALOH
Harold E. Phelps PC, WSA PC
Virgil L. Johnston PC (at Ararat also)
Julius E. Grosso PC
Frank Tutell PC